Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Monday, November 15, 2010

Grandma's Table is Complete!!!

Hello there everyone! It's Monday, and I know everyone hates Monday's, but be happy! You get to see the after pictures of the round table and chairs that I completed for K and M this past weekend!

So remember those ugly chairs I had that I salvaged, sanded and prepped to be sold? Yeah... they were definitely fugly. Well, K and M needed some great sturdy chairs for their made over table so these ended up being just perfect. Old and busted on the right, new hotness on the left.
(MIB reference there... love it?)


And here was the table and base in their original - I need to be made over - state.
The table had more work than just painting the base and staining the top. It was too short and needed a few strategically cut pieces of wood to extend the base to a height for dining. I also added some felt feet to help with a wobble it had. 


Check it out! Chairs and all! It's amazing how a little color can make something so cool.


Over there on the ledge is a picture of K's grandma who handed this table down to her. I think it's a perfect place for a picture of her to rest. I will admit, this was definitely a challenging and emotionally rewarding project. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and I know that K and M are extremely happy with the way it turned out too. 

Next on the agenda is my besties vanity bench.
Keep an eye out on the blog in the next day or two!

If you are interested in any restyling of a piece of furniture you own or need something new, please let me know!

~ Susan ~

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I must credit the owners though, they definitely were not afraid of a little color.... which of course made me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails