Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Monday, January 9, 2012

Say hello

...to Johnny!





2 out of 2 Sphynx kitties agree that Johnny looks much better black!

It's a bit hard to take pictures of, especially with my iPhone and especially with it being black. I'm literally counting down the days to when I'll be able to get a new camera, I so impatient and can't wait. But he looks soooo much better. Johnny is the same color as Jeffery, Beluga by Behr. I left the hardware on and painted it an oil rubbed bronze. After all of that dried...I'm not sure if you can see it well enough... I scuffed up the handles with some sandpaper on the curvy edges to make it look worn and sealed it with a satin spray poly. It made those 50's handles not so "50's".

In the end everything turned out really well with Johnny hanging out with Jeffery in my friend C's living room! C ended up flipping the two and Jeffery became her entertainment center after all. He was just a little more stable for a big TV. No wobbles wanted in that situation.

But the really awesomely great news is C wants her whole 1930's dining room set restyled and guess who gets to do it? *squeals!* Me! Yay! It's so beautiful and I cannot wait to get started on it! 6 chairs, a beautiful multi-footed dining table, a huge intricate buffet and an equally cool china cabinet.
WOOT!
Wait... DOUBLE WOOT!

Ha! Anyways, before I get out of here I just wanted to let you all know that I am taking a break from customer commissions for a little bit. I need to take some time off to reorganize the biz and get some furniture pieces here in my house completed for my family. But don't you worry, you'll get to see those restyles that pop out of the R.R. lab for sure! See ya soon! :)

xo


2 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails