Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Say hello

 ....to Thomas!








Wallace: "Would you like a drink 'ol chap?"
Thomas: "Yes sir, I don't mind if I do."

Ahhhh yes, the 'good ole days' when furniture was made well and had class.

If you don't know who Wallace is, he would be the little table on the left who is offering his glass to Mr. Thomas, just like old friends do. If you've been around awhile, you'll remember Wallace was a piece I completed from way back in May of last year. For some reason he never sold and my husband swooned (if guys actually do that...) over him forever and a day, so Wallace became a permanent furnishing to our home much to the delight of my husband.


Wallace is named after my maternal Grandfather, so how fitting was it to name this antique chair Thomas after my Hub's paternal Grandfather. At first the goal was this 100+ year old chair would be cleaned up and sold, but again the Hub's swooned over it (I guess guys DO do that). As much as I played it off like "I just coooouldn't keep it.. it'd be worth too much to clean up and sell"... little did he know that for hours I toiled over cleaning and oiling the wood and gears, plus bees-waxing the rest just to surprise him on his birthday with his new desk chair.

So now good 'ol Mr. Wallace and Mr. Thomas can stay together and share a drink and a cigar and reminisce of the days of yore when things were simpler.

:)



2 comments:

  1. Yup, that's a handsome looking chair! And I love Wallace too! You just need Don Draper in that chair sipping that drink and it would be reto all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right!! Thanks for stopping by and showing some love! :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails