Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Monday, August 1, 2011

A Pretty Stool for Amelia

This weekend I had the pleasure to hand paint another stool for another birthday girl named Amelia. This stool was a different style than the Yo Gabba Gabba stool I painted last weekend. It was definitely a lot bigger which meant I had more room for a great design. I was told Amelia was a girly girl, so I wanted something fun and colorful but not "princess-y" either. I love girl stuff, but too much pink will make me cringe. When I run by good 'ol Hobby Lobby to grab the stools, I usually swing by the scrap-booking paper section for color inspiration, and low and behold I found this great sheet of paper with just the colors I was looking for.


It's not too girly with the different shades of blue, but definitely could become girly if you used them the right way. I was loving the circles but I have always wanted to paint a harlequin pattern so I made my own little stencil out of an index card, measured everything out (even the circles) and got to painting!






Lots of pretty colors all complimenting each other.... and I had another satisfied customer, which always makes me smile. The good thing is I still have 2 more (yes, 2!) stools to paint for her. She purchased all of these as gifts for her friends, though I am making a special stool as a Christmas gift for her sweet little daughter. That one I'm very excited about because I have lots of ideas on how I want it to look. I think I'm going to go for a personalized piece of furniture type of thing...

So, are you digging the squares and harlequin together? Know someone who would like a stool like this? Send them over to my Etsy store where I have them for sale!

Thanks for stopping by again today! I'm working on furniture this week so keep an eye out for some "Say hello" posts from me!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails