Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Monday, July 25, 2011

It's a Dancy Dance Time Stool!

"Hello friends! Today we're going to dance! So everyone get up, common everyone stand up!
Because.... It's time to dance!


I loooove Yo Gabba Gabba and have been an avid follower since the first season in 2007. My 5 year old son has pretty much outgrown the show, but for some reason I still watch it. I guess it reminds me of my raver days back in the mid '90's. Anyways, I had a hand painted stool commission for a birthday gift over the weekend, and I was very happy to do a YGG theme for the little birthday girl. The DVD cover above was the inspiration for the stool.

These are my "template" drawings for all the sides of the stools. What I did was push a piece of paper onto the stool around the section that I was working in, so I could have a size perspective, then I drew the face on the paper. If you click the image you'll see the outlines that I'm talking about.


Here's the painted stool before the faces. There was enough sides to feature all of the characters, except for DJ Lance. Sorry Lance, even though you're from St. Louis, I couldn't give you any STL love on this stool! I did paint the bottom and top of the middle section orange though. ;)


It's time to DANCE!


Muno!


Brobee!


Toodee!


Foofa!


DJ Lance Orange!


I love these little stools! They are great keepsakes for kids and make a great birthday present! When I took the stool to M she was in love with it, which made me really happy. I have a few more to do for her over the next few weeks so I'll be featuring those on the blog too!

If you are interested in a hand painted stool, please contact me, or you can purchase one outright from my Etsy store. The alphabet stools that are currently in my store will stay $20, even past the July sale. The character themed stools will be $30, and I have a plan for another bare wood 4-legged stool. Those will be added to the store very soon. These are great prices for these stools, you can't find them cheaper than this!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great Monday! I'll have more to post this week so keep an eye out!

xo

4 comments:

  1. Total fun. Looking at that just HAS to make a person smile. :)
    Thx for the FB love. Right back at ya.
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ca-ute is that? My boys are too bog for your stools now but me thinks I might have to link back to this post on my FB for all my Mommy-friends with wee ones. Talented lady, you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the love ladies! I'm going to post a new stool that I painted for another birthday girl this past weekend tomorrow on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "yeah... are you ready.... yeah.... let's do it. Break it doooowwwn". Yes, I have a 3 year old and I can recite every episode! This stool is awesome!!!! You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails