Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Friday, November 18, 2011

Say hello

.... to Jeffery!








Mr. Jeff sat around my house for over a year waiting to find a home... which was totally OK with me because as you can see above, he helped to hold a few things for me... like my tri-pod, my radio and any piece of furniture I could lift high enough to set on top of him. My friend C saw him in my gallery of naked furniture ready for restyle on Facebook and thought he would be perfect for an entertainment center. He was just low enough for a large LCD on top and had ample amounts of storage.

Funny story though... once I got Jeff over to C's house, and she saw just how great he was against one of her walls in her great room, she said... "uh oh.... I think I want to use him here instead of for the TV." HA! Well, that just means we need to find another piece to do for my dear friend!!! Once C has figured out where Jeffery is staying I'll take some more pictures of him settled in with her camera.

I must give her a loud shout out too... I was very reluctant to paint him black (more specifically, "Beluga" by Behr). To me black is void of color, but after seeing how absolutely great he turned out with his subtle sanded edges against her pale wall and the little round pulls that had that sanded look too, I was sold. He had me at hello. So in the end she was spot on with her color choice. Also...this wonderful friend of mine has commissioned me to do a ton of work on a bunch more pieces, and for that I am truly thankful. I cannot wait to see her whole 1930's dining room set (table, chairs, buffet and china cabinet) get the Retro Restyling makeover.  

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my new furniture flip!
Again, so many apologies for the grainy pictures.

Not enough lighting + iPhone pictures = not the best results.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails