Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Repurposed Crib Rescue aka Chalkboard Wedding Gift!

One morning, on my short half mile trip from work to home, I noticed someone tossing a crib out. It was one of those drop side kind that everyone is tossing now a days. Well, of course I saw more than just a side to a crib, so I whipped my truck over and snatched it up. 


I sawed off the legs and gave it a good sanding down... and voila!


Oh I know... It's wet. And that gold wall is driving me bonkers.
My gray wall that I usually do pictures on was buried behind a few pieces of furniture.
Anyways, back to the chalkboard...

I gave it a good old "Elizabeth" treatment... I used the same paint and some distressing + a glaze and seal.



As you can see one coat of "chalkboard paint hand painted on with a brush over primer" didn't do the trick and I was running out of time. So I grabbed my paint and brush and the new gift and bolted out the door. I applied the last coat at the reception and it sat in a corner looking maaaahhvelous drying quietly while we all danced and ate and enjoyed the photo booth and had a ton O fun.

Speaking of photo booth... 

Ew mom.....                          Heimlich!!!
 Kiss me now!!!                           Throw em up!!

Raaarrraaoooorrrr!                             TAPOUT!!!
Kickin' It.                                Hahahah!

And I don't even drink... life is just always this much fun. 

:)

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I found your blog via Rhan Vintage, and I'm so glad I did! Feel free to drop by Mid2Mod sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails