Yesterday was definitely a good day.
There isn't much more to say about it really, though I'm sure you all know I'm not going to do a blog post about a 6 word sentence. Sure, yesterday was a good day.... but so was the day before that... and the day before that... Let me elaborate...
First off, Suzie finally found a home. After sitting in my studio since May of this year, after accumulating 43 hearts in my Etsy store and being featured in a Treasury List, after hearing oooooo's and aaaaaah's from anyone who got to see her in person... she finally found a home. FINALLY. And for that I was thankful.
But then I was even more thankful when I realized that her new owner J and I have a looooot in common. We were from the same area growing up and hung out with the same group of friends. But then we realized that we had some mutual friendship and relationship war stories to share with each other from the same time period....
Ahhh... the mid 90's.... when I was a club girl with no eyebrows. Them were the days... Anyways, it was almost like a small world twilight zone episode type thing and I can't wait to hang out with her again and have a few laughs over some crazy stuff we did and people we knew!
So then I got to thinking... I should be thankful for a lot more than just yesterday. With me being blog absent lately because I'm overly too busy (another reason to be thankful) and because I didn't do a Thanksgiving post, I'll just knock it out of the way now.
This is what I'm thankful for, in no particular order of importance....
1. A sense of humor. Without laughter to lighten my way, I'm not sure how I would make it day to day.
.... do you like my new fashion trend I'm starting? It's gonna be huge I tell ya....
2. A job. Not any old job, but an amazing job. One that motivates me to get up in the morning. One that lightens my soul when I see young smiling faces hop in and out of my bus.
3. Lego Star Wars Battles. Why? Because watching my two son's battle with miniture Lego people on the planet Hoth (any solid surface Lego's can stand on) is really cool and reminds me of my brother and his Hoth set up from the mid 80's that engulfed our whole living room. And well, seeing their imaginations go wild is pretty cool too.
4. My boys. Polar opposites clashing 24/7. But when the universe runs backwards and there is a shift in the galaxy and in that blink of time they actually get along... it's absolutely wonderful.
5. My husband. Because he is and always will be my best friend and soul mate.
6. Beautiful and Creative friends. Friends you can always turn to for help, advice, love and laughs. Friends that inspire you and who you inspire.
7. Fortunes kept in your wallet for 2+ years actually do come true.
And there is so much more.... but for now this will do.... ;)