Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Monday, October 15, 2012

Say hello... kinda?





So you're probably thinking, hey... this isn't a whole "Say hello" post, where's the before picture? Then I bet you're looking at that supposed to be me  frowny face up there and thinking "What's up with that?" Well, I'll put it to you this way: This girlfriend right here made a mistake and now is frustrated with the fact that I have to fix some boo boos on both the doors of this buffet. When I sealed them with oil based poly on top of the stain, then sat the doors up leaning on the wall because the backs were still tacky, the flippin' poly gathered, dripped and dried hard as nails which ruined the finish on the doors. *sigh* Everything turned out perfect until then. Shame on me for not waiting for the backs to dry fully so I could seal the fronts flat. So I had to remove the big globby poly drips and sand it down a bit. It makes me sad, hence the sad face and the arrow pointing to the boo boo spot. Hopefully I'll get it all fixed and be able to put a proper "Say hello" post up in a few days....


Until then, let us check out the first 3 pictures and oooo and aaaaah for a second...common...
it'll make me feel better.

oooooo.... aaaaahh.... it's so pretty!
I can't wait to show you all of it in its great "Falling Leaves" glory!

You might also notice that the blog has changed up just a bit. The banner up top is different, the navigation is on the side, the pictures are huge (which is just what I wanted - no more squinting to see my pictures)... but there is more to come. The development and change of the design and layout of the blog is a slow but steady process. I need to make this blog into looking like one "bonafide, non-hot-mess, karate chop you in the eyeballs with awesomeness" blog. It's been too long that I've neglected it and now that I created a new design, I'm going to be more active in posts. You'll just have to stick around and see what I mean. :)

Can I get one more oooo and aaaaah for me please? Yay! Thanks!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Lovely job on the dresser! love the colour on it, do you remember what colour this was? Anything I can buy in the UK?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails