Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Friday, October 26, 2012

Say hello








PHEW!!!

Can I just say how happy I am to be finally sharing these pictures with you? I added in some from the teaser post I put up a week or two ago, but was so excited for you guys to see the rest. This is my first orange anything I've ever painted and how cool is it that it's introduction to you comes during one of the prettiest times of the year! The color Ms. C picked for this 1/4 of her dining set is Falling Leaves by Behr... Perfection! So "fall" for sure! Our mums bloomed within the last week and we just so happened to have picked a white pumpkin at the patch, so how fitting it was to stick both on top of this beautiful buffet! 

Next and finally on the list for Ms. C is her china cabinet. That will complete the much needed face-lift the whole 1930's dining set needed. Reflecting back... First completed was the mustard yellow table, then the cap'n and his mateys, now the buffet! I can't wait to get my hands on the china cabinet and git 'er done so I can go to her home and photograph the whole set all together!!

BY THE WAY!! This Say hello post is #100!! Let's do a little dance!
....but make sure no one is looking at you, that would be kind of odd for you to stand up at your computer and just start randomly dancing...

So what do you guys think? Is she a keeper? Love her color?

... I think I'm in love... 

;)

Link Parties and Features below!!

I submitted her orange majesty over at Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday!!

I also submitted her at Primitive & Proper's link party as well!!

AND WOW!!! She was actually FEATURED at West Furniture Revival's "Revival Monday #86"!!

Wooooo!!!!

22 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Very good job!! I silently did a dance for the #100 post! Thanks for sharing, I'm for sure going to try that color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Are you sure no one saw you dancing? ;) If you do try the color, please head on over to my Facebook page and upload a picture or a link, I'd LOOOOVE to see it!

      Delete
  2. This was worth the wait! I love it and the pics don't look blurry at all. Awesome job lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment sista! It sure was worth the wait wasn't it? I'm so happy that I got to share it during the fall too, so appropriate. And let me just tell you... 4700 pictures later and I got the best 5 "after" pictures right up there. Take my advice when I say orange is NOT easy to photograph, especially when you need it to be a darker orange, not red orange or bright pumpkin orange.

      Delete
  3. Love all sideboards painted all colors.:) Congratulations on post #100!!!

    Peggy @ southscapedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them all too! They have such great character!

      Delete
  4. Love it!! It looks great in its new fall color! The darker knobs look great as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think the pulls painted a dark color and a little distressed looks so much better than gold! I'm glad you love it!

      Delete
  5. love your sideboard and the color you chose, i would love to feature it, if that would be ok with you please let me know,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren! Of course I would totally appreciate it if you featured it on your blog!!! :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! I have a similar buffet and I'm trying to decide what color to paint it. Your selection is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! These buffets are just so awesome and look amazing with any color paint on them!

      Delete
  7. Wow! What a gorgeous piece and what a bold color choice....it turned out beautifully! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel!! I always say don't be afraid of a little color!! :)

      Delete
  8. What an amazing colour! You've totally inspired me to paint something orange. Just the right amount of distressing too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love how it turned out! And it has the perfect amount of distressing. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I tend to not go too crazy on the distressing, but maybe I'll change that up sometime in the future. :)

      Delete
  10. Hi, I came over from MMS. This server makes me SWOON! It's absolutely gorgeous. I agree with your reply above, when it comes to distressing, I believe less is more. This is perfect! Well done.

    Niciole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! Swooning over her makes me smile!

      Delete
  11. Such a cool piece! Visiting from West furniture revival. Not sure I would have said yes to painting it orange. But it's a good thing you didn't consult me, because it turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never be afraid of a little color, that's what I always say!! :) Thanks for the comment and the compliment!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails