Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Eeek! I Forgot to Wrap the Wedding Gift!

This past weekend my husband and I attended a wedding for a couple friends of mine. The sun was shinning, the weather was beautiful and I swear there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I was stoked because I just love weddings. The ability to share something so intimate yet add your own personality and style to the shindig is right up my alley. You guys will see what I'm talking about by the end of the post. Also, my goodness copper and dark purple are such pretty autumn wedding colors. I was also excited because my bestie hand created the necklaces and bracelets for the Bride, Bridesmaids and the Flower Girl too! 


So here we are traveling from the wedding to the reception, and we pull up to the reception hall and I remember... OH CRUD... I forgot to wrap the gift. >.< And did I mention we were in the middle of Nowheresville, IL? There wasn't anywhere I could run and grab a bag or paper or anything to wrap our gift. Granted, it wasn't a very large gift so that made the situation less stressful. I did find the one and only gas station in town (it wasn't hard, it was at the one and only 3 way stop). I ran in hoping they had something I could work with...and success! The DIY rescue was underway!


I didn't use the glue or the paperclips, but that's ok, we can always use glue and paperclips here at the house. I used the twine, the markers, one handkerchief from the pack and my mini-Swiss army knife I always have in the truck. I also crumpled up the paper the gift came wrapped from the store in... and...Voila! My gift!


I know it isn't much but it was enough to put a big smile on the Bride's face. She loved the flowers and the fact that I did it myself in a crunch for time.. typical me.

Anyways, there's my DIY rescue. I'm going to put up some more pictures of the wedding that I know you guys will enjoy. The Bride totally rocked an Autumn/Zombie theme to her wedding and it was so cool!

A Candy Bar... get it? Candy Bar? haha!
So cool...  little baggies and all kinds of candy to shovel into your own said baggy.


A picture of the table... there were others with wine bottles as centerpieces.

The amazing two sided cake... white with purple... dark green with zombies and blood and the Bride and Groom fighting them off with chainsaws!


Temperature color change cups. Bride and groom on one side, BEWARE OF ZOMBIES on the other!
So awesome! lol

Hope you guys enjoyed the post! Enjoy the rest of your week!

~ Susan ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails