Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembering Our Veterans

"On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free."
- Dan Lipinski



For as long as I can remember there has always been a military presence around me growing up...

My Grandpa would share stories about his time served overseas during WW2, and my Grandma was so proud of her adventure of leaving the house as a full time mom to be a Rosie the Riveter building tanks for the war.


Before he passed I always got to hear great stories, usually passionately over-animated stories, of the war from my Great Uncle Frank too.


My Dad (left) would share with me his funny stories of manning missiles in Italy in the 60's... Doesn't seem too funny, but when you're bored watching a missile collect dust, apparently there are good ways to entertain yourself. Ha!


Then when I got a little older I watched my brother (2nd to Left) enlist, graduate from basic and then go into the reserves... wasn't much longer and he was gone... so I cherish these last memories I have of him....
Check me out rockin' that pink hat!


Then I followed suite in 1996... and thank god I did... I met my love of my life there...


From there on I was introduced by my love to his wonderful family which also ran deep with members who served this great nation.

My beautiful oldest niece, who I met when she was just 5 years old, recently graduated from Basic...


Her mother was also in the Navy before starting her family of wonderful girls!

Then there's Uncle Jerry! Love this guy right here!


...and his son Tom who's just as kick butt as his dad!


When I think about the family tradition of joining the military, and I see how it trickles down the line to my children... it makes me tear up a little to know they are just as passionate about their love of the military too. This is my oldest... he's talked about joining since he was little and wants to eventually be a military strategist.


So please take a minute today and tell a Veteran thank you for their service... for keeping our Stars and Stripes flying every day... for keeping us free... for sacrificing their time and sometimes lives for us.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails