Nav area code

Retro Restyling - Restore - Restyle - Repurpose
Retro Restyling on FacebookRetro Restyling on TwitterRetro Restyling on PinterestRetro Restyling on Instagram

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Adventures in Spray Painting!

Did you guys ever watch that movie "Adventures in Babysitting"? What a great mid 80's girly flick. I remember <3'ing it when I was about 11 or 12 and I thought how funny it was to have a hair-raising babysitting adventure with a bunch of kids in the middle of Chicago. Anyways, this post has nothing to do with babysitting other than it also ends in "ING", but more to do with my adventures of spray painting my first piece of furniture ever!

What? Yes, I've never spray painted a piece of furniture... ever... my whole life.
Hence the reason it was an adventure for me! So now you know that I do all my restyling by hand. It's that added little touch of time consuming goodness to make sure it's absolutely perfect.

This bench was something my grandfather made before he passed away in 1992. I snagged it from my grandma's house in 2004, let it get time worn from rain and sun for a few years then finally knocked the cobwebs off of it and gave it a new color to brighten up my boring porch. Meet Rustoleum's "Lagoon". Oh yeah, preh-tie blueness. Oh yes, and I totally forgot to take a before picture until I was a quarter way through my giddy hyper painting craziness.



Then in my crazily addicted "I must spray paint something else" brain I realized I had 4 cans of green textured spray paint hanging out in my garage with the intended use of painting some deck chairs. Those never got painted and I had a can of high gloss black that my father in law painted on my trailer. All these painting opportunities and I didn't utilize them? What's wrong with me????

So what could I use these cans with?
Of course! I had a nasty hand me down fire pit from my friend "B" that needed some love!



Wow, thanks "B"! He wanted it back after I showed him an after picture. HA! Too bad so sad dude. ;) So by now I was on a spray painting mission... did I have anything else that needed some color love?
No? NOTHING???

 Oh well, I guess this would do me for now. But don't think I won't totally consider endlessly search to spray paint the heck out of something in the near future. In fact, I think I have just the thing in my stash 'o goodies! But that will have to wait for another week very soon. :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! They make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails